Tuesday, March 13, 2007

DDThailand

Ah, the smells of summer.



Before I get started, I should point out that all restaurants in thailand are outside. Its not too hot usually, as they are shaded.



But guess what, its mosquito season! I was running back to my apartment to grab some lunch today when I saw these guys blowing white pesticide everywhere, especially down into the ditches around the roads (the roads have ditches on either side covered by slats of concrete).







It looks pretty cool, until your lungs start burning and you realize its pesticide. I saw this when I went out to go to my apartment for lunch today and saw these guys coming up the street...



Needless to say I didn't go home, and instead went back to lab and just ate a powerbar.

Dom told me that in some areas in Thailand they put pesticide in their whiskey to make it stronger and give a more severe buzz. I wish I would've known that before I engaged in a whiskey challenge with some of the professors a few weeks ago. Oh well.