Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Halos and Hamsters (Giant Space)

I'd like to start things off by pointing at the poll on the right. Its pretty clear that the majority of Americans think that I am the raddest dude to the max. In fact, less than 1 out of 100 Americans do not think I am the absolute raddest to the max, though they still unanimously think I am flippin' sweet, according to the phone survey. Excellent!

Also take a look at this little number that Paul emailed me the other day, pertaining to the exceptionally stupid monsters found in the early editions of the Monster Manuals and Fiend Folios. Its a pretty funny trip down memory lane.


Finally, I've been playing me some Halo as of late, and have gotten online with my buds Kevin and Cullen. You can play through the campaign over buddies on Live, which is awesome. We'll have to set aside a weekend and go through the campaign on Legendary, thus cementing our place as Legends. As you can play with four people, this means we can use another player. (Anyone out there? Devin? Delp? Tony? Other Scantabulous fan?).

Note: The rest of the Xbox Live system and the Halo one-shot games? Yeah, still full of super idiots.

But a nice thing is that Microsoft and Bungie have loads of money, and they can take that money and make little live action movies and put them on Youtube in the run up to Halo 3's release, and they look great (a lot like the webisodes for Battlestar Galactica did). I may just be biased though, as I have a soft spot for giant gorilla soldiers. These two movies just show what is happening on the ground right before Master Chief returns to Earth in the escape pod (the UNC marines gotta pick him up).

Movie Part 1


Movie Part 2


This really makes me want to see another Planet of the Apes movie, even if the remake was less than stellar. One with fewer stupid chimps and more bad-ass gorillas.