Thursday, December 27, 2007

Week in Smallville

So my folks were kind enough to pick me up and bring me home to Smallville for Christmas a few days ahead of Cory. My sister flew into Minneapolis, so they made a three-state tour up to pick her up, down and over to the #1 place to live 2007 (as voted by Money magazine) to get me, then back to Smalley-town. This was awesome of them to do, even though it made a super-long trip for them, but this way, the four of us got to spend a whole week together (pump fists in the air). In the same amount of miles, they could have driven to Little Rock, Arkansas.
It was fortunate that we got to Smallville when we did, because the next morning, a fog rolled in that left frost on all the trees and visibility pretty low.





It was a pretty relaxing week overall. I helped my dad a bit making some wine racks.



And played many board games, including the Christmas Story board game that I received for my birthday. It was very, very complicated.





We also played Scrabble, which I have played twice in my life. I was planning to use my blank tile to put down "manure". Unfortunately, they was nowhere on the board to put it down.



It was great to see everyone, but I think the highlight for me was the Smalley gift exchange. This year, Beth's boyfriend (?) Rob drew my mom's name.