Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tower of Gygax -- Art Show!

So GenCon is coming up, and the late Gary Gygax is getting a special tribute at this year's convention. One of them is a straight 72-hour original super-deadly AD&D adventure session (broken up into 1-hour increments), written by old-school D&D DMs (your humble host included), and put together by Keith Baker, author of the Eberron campaign setting. It is called the Tower of Gygax!

I have submitted a level for the Tower (graciously edited by Dr. Girlfriend), and will be taking my turn to DM it on Friday, August 15th from 6-7 PM. I don't want to repost the whole level and ruin it for anyone who encounters it, but I will post the crappy art I drew for the level to enhance the old-school style.

Behold, some of the art of THE GRIMM FOREST OF EVERLASTING SORROW!

Come to GenCon and see:

Cannibalistic Fairies!


Magic Mushrooms!


Princes of Stirgedom!


And sweet old grandmothers!