Wednesday, June 4, 2008

To hear the lamentations...

Everybody knows the Arnold quote from the Conan the Barbarian movie about what is best in life. Its a good enough quote, sure. But I was surfing over at The Cimmerian today and was reminded of why the real Conan quotes are a thousand times cooler than anything Arnold could ever chew on in a movie. Here's a quote from "Queen of the Black Coast," where Conan and his Pirate Queen lover are enjoying the spoils of a recent raid and discussing life in general:
“Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.”

Awesome.