Sunday, January 28, 2007

All By Myself...

...don't want to be All by Myself anymore...or for the next 2.5 months...

Well, I drove Cory to the Portland International Airport this morning and waited around until he made it through the security checkpoint successfully. The nice gentleman who helped Cory check in at the self-check-in kiask reminded him to be careful of bombs.



I was feeling a little sad on the way home, so I stopped at the outlet stores at Woodburn and blew a bunch of money to make myself feel better. My money went to the Gap, Banana Republic, and a home store for a set of springf0rm pans so I can make cheesecake.



This evening I also signed up for a Gold's Gym membership, but am having serious buyer's remorse, mostly I think because the kid who signed me up for it was possibly the worst salesperson in the world (handshake of a dead fish) and it pains me to know that I helped him toward his commission. I wonder if part of my problem is that I've left the lap of luxury (the Refinery) and nothing else will ever compare. It's a year's contract, but I have three business days to get out of it. What do you think?